On July, 28 1994 amidst the hardest period the citizens of the capital of BiH had experienced during its centuries-long history, 58 citizens of Sarajevo – intellectuals, theatre employees, artists and writers, soldiers, policemen and ordinary citizens established Foundation/Association Educations Builds BiH, whose missions was children victims of war – our constant concern, a crucial mission reflecting essential consequences of the war – destruction of educational institutions and collapse of the educational system.
In twenty three years of work, Associations is on daily service for children victims of war, disabled and talented children, children of the Roma national minority and underprivileged children. The Association, with its door always open, has fully fulfilled the major part of its mission – we have primarily provided moral and then material support to children and young people of B&H. Association is not receiving any material support of government budget, but assure scholarship funds through membership, organizing humanitarian concerts, selling exhibitions, printing and selling calendars (we are doing that for 23rd years now) and books.
GAME OF NUMBERS IS VERY INTERESTING
- Six thousand four hundred and twenty-two beneficiaries, including 1.369 children of Roma national minority have been awarded scholarships, the total value of which is BAM 5.736.975 (≈ EUR 2.933.268,74) – Up to June 30th, 2017 (school/academic 2016/2017);
- Four thousand and thirty-two beneficiaries participated in tourist and educational projects in 18 European countries, Canada, Uruguay and at Lake Boračko in BiH; the total material value of journeys amounting to BAM 1.099.824 (≈EUR 562.331,08);
- Forty-five thousand two hundred and ninety-four children and young people have been given support in the form of school supplies, sports gear and other forms of material support, the value of which is BAM 3.283.470 (≈EUR 1.678.811,55);
- For seven hundred and twenty-five beneficiaries, mothers and young people, we organized a psychosocial workshop worth BAM 594.395 (≈EUR 303.909,34) ;
- The Association has donated teaching appliances, ceramic boards, computer equipment and books to the libraries of around twenty schools in B&H, the total value of which is BAM 402.000 (≈EUR 205.539,34);
- The Association has its own social assets (house with a garden, motor vehicles, computer resources, etc.) worth over BAM 684.540 (≈EUR 350.000).
3. Fond “Pavao Jusuf Urban Ibruljević” – scholarships
4. “With education into the future” – scholarships for children and youth of Roma national minority
5. Fond “Tanja Mihać” – scholarships
Over the past twenty-three years 56.475 children, youth and their families have used services in the value of BAM 11.116.664 (≈EUR 5.683.860,05).
Dear citizen, have you found yourself in these rows?!
IT IS STILL A LARGE NUMBER OF CHILDREN AND YOUTH IN NEED OF MORAL AND MATERIAL ASSISTANCE.
I think that you too can be part of the association’s family that offers hope to children that their future is brighter. We base our actions on the message of French philosopher Diderot: “The happiest man is the one who made happy the most people.”
Become members of the Association “Education builds B&H” and make children victims of war, disabled and gifted children happy.
f you fill out this form and become a member of the Association, you will be among the hundreds of others who lovingly help these children.Thank you for deciding to become a member of the Association that has human targets – Help children and young people in need and help gifted children.